Article I - Membership
Section 1. Admission to Membership
Section 2. Termination of Membership
- a) Application for membership shall be made to the Treasurer
accompanied by the fee specified in Article II of these Bylaws.
b) The Treasurer is authorized to keep a record of members
qualified in accordance with Article IV of the Constitution.
Section 3. Removal from Membership
- a) Failure to meet the conditions as provided in Article VI of the
- b) Resignation.
Any member may be removed from membership for cause upon
recommendation of the Executive Committee and a majority vote of the
voting members present at a regular conference approving such
Article II - Dues
Annual membership dues of ten dollars shall be due and payable to the
Treasurer at the beginning of each school year.
Article III - Officers
Section 1. Duties of the President
Section 2. Duties of the President Elect
- a) The president shall preside at the conferences. He/She shall
appoint and supervise all committees and perform such other duties
as pertain to his/her office.
- b) In the event a Secretary or Treasurer vacancy occurs, the
President is empowered to appoint an interim Secretary or Treasurer.
Section 3. Duties of the Secretary
- a) The President Elect shall preside in the absence of the
- b) The President Elect shall assume duties and responsibilities of
the President should the office become vacant.
- c) The President Elect shall assume the responsibility of
communicating to the membership regarding organization activities
and matters of professional concern.
- d) The President Elect shall assume other duties as requested by
Section 4. Duties of the Treasurer
- a) The Secretary shall keep the minutes of each conference and
distribute copies to the membership subsequently.
- b) The Secretary shall be responsible for all correspondence
related to the organization including the newsletter.
- c) The Secretary shall assume other responsibilities as requested
by the President.
Section 5. Duties of the Program Coordinator
- a) The Treasurer shall keep the accounts, receive and deposit all
funds of the Association, and pay all expenses authorized by the
- b) The Treasurer shall maintain the membership list.
- c) The Treasurer shall assume other responsibilities as requested
by the President.
Section 6. Duties of the Noninstructional Representative
- a) The Program Coordinator shall prepare programs for the Spring
and Fall conference meetings in consultation with the President and
- b) The Program Coordinator shall assume other duties as requested
by the President.
Section 7. Duties of the Directors and Immediate Past President
- a) The Noninstructional Representative shall assist the Program
Coordinator in planning sessions for noninstructional members.
- b) The Noninstructional Representative shall assume other duties
as requested by the President.
Section 8. Legislative Director
- a) The Directors and the Immediate Past President shall serve as
consultants to the Executive Board.
- b) The Directors and the Immediate Past President shall assume
other duties as requested by the President.
Section 9. Executive Committee
- a) The Legislative Director shall serve as the liaison between the
Florida Legislature and the Association regarding legislative
- b) The Legislative Director shall assume other duties as requested
by the President.
Article IV - Regular Conferences and Special Meetings
- a) The ten officers provided for by the Constitution shall be the
Executive Committee and shall be the Executive Committee and shall
be responsible for preparing an agenda for meetings and sending it
to members at least six weeks before the meeting.
- b) The Executive Committee shall have authority to act on matters
Pursuant to the provisions in Article III of the Constitution, the
program agenda, time, and place for holding meetings shall be determined
by the Executive Committee. Notice of the regular conference shall be
sent to members at least six weeks prior to the meeting.
Article V - Nominations and Elections
Section 1. Nominations
Nominations for Association officers shall be made by a nominating
committee of three members appointed by the membership, or may be made
from the floor by any member present at the regular conference following
the report of the Nomination Committee.
Section 2. Elections
Election of Association officers shall be held at the second regular
conference of each school year. Elections shall be by written, secret
ballot whenever more than one nomination has been made for an
Association office. A majority vote of the members present is required
for the election of each Association officer.
Article VI - Amendments
These Bylaws may be amended only at a regular conference by an
affirmative majority vote of the members present and voting at the time
such amendments are submitted to the conference provided:
Revised: April 17, 1974; May 11, 1984; September 19, 1984; November 4,
1988; March 4, 1994
- a) That proposals to amend these Bylaws may be made by any
- b) That proposals to amend the Bylaws shall be delivered by the
proposer to the Secretary not later than one month preceding a
- c) That each member shall have been sent a copy of the proposed
amendment or amendments by the Secretary prior to the regular